Cardiovascular and Metabolism Test Kit
Don't have lab results within the past 90 days? Prefer to avoid a trip to the lab?
The Cardiovascular and Metabolism Test Kit can be used in the privacy of your own home, and examines a series of important health markers that are of importance for potential testosterone replacement therapy. The process involves taking a small bloodspot (fingerprick) sample, which is then sent to a CLIA-Certified lab in the United States for detailed analysis. Packaging and a pre-paid shipping label (from USA addresses only) are provided in each test kit. Within days, your sample will be analyzed, and the results added to your MensHealthcare.com file for the physician to review.
This test examines several blood markers relating to cardiovascular and metabolic health. This includes a diverse lipids panel including Triglycerides, Total, HDL, LDL, and VLDL Cholesterol, the metabolic markers Insulin and hemoglobin A1C, and C-reactive protein, which can be elevated with ongoing systemic inflammation.
This Test Examines:
- Total C: Total cholesterol count.
- HDL: High Density Lipoproteins, also commonly regarded as the cardioprotective ("good") cholesterol.
- LDL: Low Density Lipoproteins, also commonly referred to as "bad" cholesterol as it may promote cholesterol deposits in the arteries.
- VLDL: Very Low Density Lipoproteins, which like LDL is regarded as another potentially "bad" form of cholesterol.
- Insulin: An important metabolic hormone that is responsible for assisting the transport of glucose into cells.
- hbA1c: Hemoglobin A1c. This provides some assessment of the average level of sugar in the blood over a period of 2-3 months.
- hsCRP: High-sensitivity C-reactive protein. This is regarded as a primary marker of systemic inflammation in the body.
Please note, due to state law this test is not available in NY.